What is Better World Links?
We are a non-profit website providing an easy-to-use, comprehensive internet directory
of over 145,000 links giving quick and easy access to global current affairs topics
and much more.
All of this in just one dynamic website with links suggested by people like you,
for people like you!
What do we offer?
Over 145,000 well-organised links (internet addresses) in English on the following global topics:
- Peace, Human Rights, Environment
- One World, Social Justice, Sustainability
- Conflict Regions, Military, Culture, Health
- Women, Men, Youth, Education, Religion
- Economics, Globalization, Politics, Media
- And many more issues affecting our future
- Better World Links is the leading web-site of its kind in the world.
- Up-to-date, balanced, hand-picked, free of charge and without advertising!
- A collection of links with an error rate of less than 2% ensured by regular checks.
- An update takes place in real-time with every new link added by yourself.
- Better World Links aims to freely provide a broad and balanced blend of links across a vast variety of relevant topics, in order to help you make informed decisions and affect positive differences in this world.
This is provided through 145,000 (and counting) carefully selected links to global current affairs and many other related subjects.
- Better World Links aims to leave a world worth living in to our children, in the spirit of Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Schweitzer, Martin Luther King, Petra Kelly, and the Dalai Lama.
- Better World Links is a central hub for peace, human rights, the environment, one world issues, women, democracy and social movements worldwide, among others.
- It is an ideal tool for everyone concerned with the issues listed above,
allowing optimal use of the internet, thereby saving time and money.
- It is an easy-to-use and comprehensive data base.
- It provides access to important information that does not correspond to published opinion - in particular critical background information on current problems.
How can we help you?
- Advance your project for a better world more effectively.
- Inform yourself about important topics and share with interested parties.
- Get suggestions from others and pass on your own ideas or experiences.
- Investigate background information for a lecture, an essay or an article.
- Make contacts, look for collaborators and establish alliances.
- Ideal as an internet portal for young people, as well as schools, universities,
and adult education centres.
- Great resource for journalists, reporters and politicians, as well as
for cross-references in articles and link collections.
Who uses Better World Links?
- People who want to make a difference and have a positive effect on the world.
- Ordinary citizens, parents and families, and in particular pupils and students.
- Committed people, action groups, civil society groups and movements.
- Organizations (NGOs) throughout the world, and in particular campaigners.
- Journalists, reporters and editors.
- Teachers, writers, artists and intellectuals.
- Decision makers in politics, religion, science, education,
the media, industry and the military.
- People from all over the world, from every religion, crede, and ethnic group.
- Better World Links began as the German website 'Norbert's Bookmarks for a Better World' in 1996.
This unique collection of links to interesting articles and websites was the brainchild of socially-committed German citizen and physician, Norbert.
The directory grew and grew from an initial 300 links to over 220,000 today. In 2003 it was renamed 'Better World Links' and in 2007 the website was re-launched with a new and interactive design. Another full relaunch is planned late 2016.
Norbert's aim was and still very much is, to make an important contribution to the global internet community, providing access to pertinent information, so that our common vision for a better world can be realised. The site is constantly being expanded and updated with the help of a few volunteers.
- Better World Links is recommended by the
Right Livelihood Award (RLA),
International Peace Bureau (IPB),
Traprock Peace Center (USA),
Irwin Abrams (Quaker),
Michael Moore (USA),
and Uniting for Peace (UK).
1999 and 2000 Better World Links received the Comenius Quality Seal of the German Society for Education and Information (GPI).
'Menschen-Friedens-Band um die Erde'
(a symbol used by but not a part of Better World Links)
Copyright & Contact: Martin-Luther-Kirche,
Martin-Luther-Str. 20, 36199 Rotenburg a. d. Fulda
Tel. 0049-6623-2797, Fax: 0049-6623-918783,